“The Mad Hatter: Have I gone Mad?
Alice: I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
Stylish and sophisticated head-wear is a long time feminine obsession, from wide brimmed hats, to minimalistic summer fascinators. You’ll find here the list of 10 best milliners in UK. They all design unique head-wear, but it’s up to you to choose the best and maddest one.
1. William Chambers in 2007, when Roisin Murthy wore his creation on tour, gained his name as a professional milliner. Millinery studio situated in Glasgow city centre where custom-millinery and stunning contemporary design is made.
2. Gina Foster for a long time worked under some big names in millinery, but in 2006 she set up her own business and opened her first shop in Kensington in 2010. She is the mad hatter, who specializes in hat making for the most nervous wearers. Her designed fascinators can be bought straight from the shelf, or customized for every ladies needs.
3. Rachel Trevor-Morgan is a particularly favourite milliner of H.M The Queen and other royal family members. Her award winning headpieces and bridal couture are hand-crafted. That’s why she offers not just professional, but quality services. Her long time experience alongside famous fashion designers makes her stand out in a millinery market.
4. Siggi Hats (Siegfried Hesbache) is a German designer, official milliner of Royal Ascot between 2002 and 2004. This millinery design and make ladies hats for all occasions. All head-wear they make is trimmed by hands. It’s a millinery, which specializes in bespoke design.
5. Stephen Jones Millinery creates hats both for royalty and celebrities. Since seventies Stephen Jones was the most exhalent milliner. Gwen Stefani, Dita von Teese and Italian Vogue editor Anna Piaggi favour this millinery hat design.
6. Pip Hackett hats are widely sold in such exclusive stores as Harrods, Liberty and Harvey Nichols. She is known for her bespoke Barbie design, which was created for Elton John’s AID foundation.
7. Bundle McLaren launched her millinery in 2009, trained under supervision of Gina Foster and Noel Stewart, she makes stunning head-wear at affordable prices. Some of her best design were featured in British Vogue, Easy living, Tatler and the Times.
8. Noel Stewart millinery legend, emerging from the supervision of Stephan Jones, have created strong and fashionable design, which is rarely of the fashion runway. His loyal fans includes Lily Alle, Kiera Knightly and Beth Ditto.
9. Jane Taylor Millinery favoured by fashion and music industry, this studio, situated in London, creates so-called theatrical hats, bridal fascinators. The use of vintage feathers, veiling lace, gems and antiquity creates a new level of fabulousness.
10. DeDe Valentine studio is for you, if you’re looking for quirkiness. They design hats for all occasions, especially for the ones that require luxury. This millinery hats are suitable both for film and theatre, so if you want funny extravagance just make an appointment.